Entering the Big Chip Awards is a simple on-line process. You need to complete a few short entry screens giving your details, a description of the entry and a few words on why it should win.
The first two entries are free and subsequent entries cost £95.
The entry deadline is 5pm Monday 19 March 2018.
In 2018 there are 19 categories open to entries from the North of England, see the eligibility criteria for more details
How to enter
When you click on the button above you will be asked to log in or create an account. Once logged in you can create and manage your submissions to the awards. As you work through the entry form for a submission you can go back to earlier pages. You don't have to submit immediately - you can log back into the site later and review or edit pending submissions until you are happy with them before you submit.
We have written a comprehensive guide here on entering the awards, with a preview of the questions and tips on winning.
We recommend that you read this before entering.
The entry form will ask you how your entry satisfies the judges' criteria for the categories you are entering - click on the award categories in the list below to see these criteria. As in previous years there is a primary question (plus up to two supplementary questions) for each category you enter based on the criteria for the category. You have a 500 word allowance for answers to this question. We strongly recommend that you download the PDF guide to entering.
- Best Digital Marketing/Branding Campaign
- Best Use of Search
- Best Mobile Application
- Best Game
- Best Creative Impact Award (New)
- Best User Experience
- Best B2C Project
- Best B2B Project
- Best Tech for Good Project (New criteria)
- Big Chip IoT Impact Award (New criteria)
- Most Innovative Application of Technology
- Best Application of Machine Learning (New)
- Big Chip Transformation Award (New criteria)
- Best Start-Up
- Best Freelancer/Micro Enterprise
- Little Chip Student Award (New criteria)
- Little Chip Placement/Apprentice Award
- Big Chip Leadership Award (New criteria)
- Big Chip Digital Business Award
Entries to any of these categories will be eligible for two special awards chosen from shortlisted entries:
- Anthony Wilson Award chosen by a special guest Martha Lane Fox
- Grand Prix awarded to the entry that impressed the most
If you have problems with the entry process, please contact the Big Chip team: email@example.com