Big Chip 2014 opened for entries on 15 January 2014 and closed on 24th March (extended deadline). The shortlist was announced on 1 May (apart from the Tasty Website Award shortlist, which will be announced later). The awards will be presented at the Big Chip Awards dinner in Manchester on 3 July.
You can see all the entry categories for 2014 below as well as the special awards chosen from the shortlisted entries.
Click on any award or category for details of the entry criteria and the winners and shortlisted entries from previous years.
There were several category changes in 2014. The Best User Experience and Little Chip Placement/Apprentice Award are new categories with wholly new criteria. There have been adjustments to some other categories including Best Use of Mobile, Best Digital Branding Campaign, Best Use of Social and the Big Chip Imagination Award.
Open to entries from the North of England
- anywhere north of Derby and south of Scotland - see the eligibility criteria for more details
- Best E-Business Project
- Best Public Sector Project
- Best Not for Profit Project
- Best User Experience
- Best Use of Mobile
- Best Use of Visual Design
- Best Application of Technology
- Best Use of Animation
- Best Use of Search
- Best Use of Social
- Best Use of Gaming
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- Best Digital Branding Campaign
- Little Chip Student Award
- Little Chip Placement/Apprentice Award
- Best Start-Up
- Best Established Freelancer/Micro Enterprise
- Big Chip Digital Agency Award
- Big Chip Imagination Award
- Tasty Website Award winner chosen by popular vote
Special Awards chosen from the shortlisted entries
- Anthony Wilson Original Modern Award chosen by a special guest judge
- Grand Prix awarded to the entry that impressed the most
The distinguished panel of experts as chaired by Michael Nutley.