Winner: Fish Fanatics
Agency: Fluid Creativity
Fish Fanatics is a business selling and delivering wet fish direct to the customer. The company's site was redesigned last year with the aim of making it visually appealing, easy to use and to promote the company's range of products. Within six months of the redesign, the value of online orders had jumped from £500 a month to £16,000. The company attributes this both to increased traffic levels resulting from the attention paid to search engine optimisation during the redesign, and to improved conversion rates.
The judges were intrigued by the company's business model. They liked attention to detail in the site's design, particularly the use of images. And they were impressed with its usability, saying, “it does what it does very well”.
- waterstones.com / Code Computerlove - The development of an online presence for the high street bookstore chain.
- HMV.co.uk / Code Computerlove - The redevelopment of the HMV website as a branded shopping experience to match that in the company's offline stores.
- Richard Woodall website / Hydrant - The replacement of an existing e-commerce site for a specialist butcher.
- iknow-uk - Search marketing-driven regional accommodation websites
- Manchester United Interactive / Lightmaker.com & IMG Media - The redesign and relaunch of the club's website with a fan-focused content design, while at the same time relaunching the online video channel, MUTV online.