The Big Chip 8 awards, held on 24th May 2006, were the most successful to date, attracting a record number of entries from all over the North West. The standard of entries was very high, demonstrating the strength of the sector in the region.
There were five new categories for the best shortlisted entry from each part of the North West: Cheshire and Warrington, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
There was also an exciting new special award: the Manchester Digital Original Modern award presented by design guru Peter Saville (Creative Director for Manchester) celebrating the very best in original modern design.
As in previous years, the Grand Prix award went to the overall best of the best.
- Best E-commerce Project
- Best Public Sector Project
- Best Not-for-Profit Project
- Best Commercial Website
- Best Use of Visual Design
- Best Use of Broadband
- Best Game
- Best E-learning Project
- Big Chip Accessibility and Web Standards Award
- Best DVD/CD
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- Big Chip Innovation Award
- Best Freelancer/Micro Enterprise
- Best from Greater Manchester
- Best from Merseyside
- Best from Lancashire
- Best from Cheshire and Warrington
- The Manchester Digital Original Modern Award
- Grand Prix